Even if you had bangs, you wouldn’t like pimples on your forehead. Having these bumps on your forehead is not something that is considered normal. Everyone thinks that they appear as a result of oily skin or hormonal dis-balance, but that is not the real reason why you have those small zits on your forehead.
Causes of Pimples on Forehead
One of the main causes of pimples on forehead is closely related to digestive disorders. But there can be other causes too. The pores that are on the forehead usually get clogged, and that leads to acne. You also have to get rid of dandruff, because it can trigger acne too. If you are taking certain medications, especially birth controls pills. Problems with your digestive system are the main cause of forehead acne. If you think that this is the cause of your problem you should start having balanced diet, and drink lots of fluids, and include vegetables and fruits too. Greasy fried food should be avoided. Another thing that can be considered to be a cause for acne is stress. It is something that affects our whole body. Try doing yoga and meditation or find another way to relax. Also, if you are teen, you should check your hormones too.
How to Get Rid of Pimples on Forehead (Home Remedies)
We have to be honest with you, it is very difficult, but we will try to show you how to get rid of pimples on forehead. The best remedies to at least reduce those small bumps on your forehead include the following.
1. Apply mask, preferably clay mask, on your forehead. You can even leave the mask all night and then rinse it in the morning.
2. You can also apply apple cider vinegar, once or twice a day. You should not rinse the apple cider vinegar and leave it on the affected area. You can also apply lemon juice, and leave it all night. If you must use lemon juice during the day, you should better stay inside and avoid the sunlight, because t is a well-known fact that the lemon makes your skin photosensitive.
3. Honey is a home remedy that is used for many things. So in order to get rid of those red pimples, mix some honey with mustard powder and apply it on the pimples. Leave it for about 15 minutes and then rinse it.
4. Tomato is another remedy for forehead acne. You just have to rub it on the zit couple of times a day, and it is just that easy.
5. There are certain things that you have to do to prevent forehead acne. You should clean your face on a regular basis. It is recommended to wash your face at least twice a day. This will keep your face free of bacteria. You have to be gentle, and not to rub your skin very roughly. Make sure you are not washing all the oil from your skin. We know that if you have acne, you want to wash it off but the thing that you want to do is to remove only the exceeding part.
6. Be careful what you are putting in your hair. Always use mild shampoo and other hair products. Keep your hair out of your face. If you have oily hair, wash it more often.
7. It is very good to have some days when your face is makeup-free. Make-up is increasing the blockage of the pores. Your skin needs to breathe, and on the plus side, if you cannot go out without make-up, there are some products that are oily-free. And remember; always clean your face before you go to bed. This rule is a must, even if you do not have problems with your skin.
8. You must use moisturizer. But try to avoid moisturizer that contains alcohol, because they are very harsh for your skin. Moisturizers will keep your skin flexible and will reduce the acne on your forehead.
9 Your skin always has to be hydrated. Drink lots of fluids during the day, and from time to time get a facial. You can visit a clinic spa or you can buy a mask at your local pharmacist. Either way, your skin will be clean and hydrated.
10. Peeling is something you should also do, at least once a week. This way you will remove dead skin cell and allow producing of new collagen molecules. It is not painful to do this. It softens your acne scars and it also helps your acne to heal.
11. If you have greasy skin, change your pillow case twice or three times a week. If you do not change your bed-sheets, the germs and dirt can only worsen your skin condition.